Tuesday, May 22, 2007

One Misty, Moisty, Morning by Anonymous

One Misty, Moisty, Morning


One misty, moisty, morning,
When cloudy was the weather,
I chanced to meet an old man
Clad all in leather

Clad all in leather,
With a cap beneath his chin.
How do you do?
And how do you do?
And how do you do again?


I often think about this nursery rhyme on misty moisty mornings. Of course, we haven't had many of those this year in California -- it's one of the driest on record -- but a couple of years ago when we were having the wettest on record, there were plenty of them. I like the simplicity of this poem, and, of course, the alliteration and rhythm.

5 comments:

  1. We'll break into the Steeleye Span version when we feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of that dog from Scarry's book.
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog by chance and was impressed with all the stuff. congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen - I love poetry too and will try to remember to visit your blog often, since it's JUST SO AWESOME! And so are you!!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN on your news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. Wearing the mackintosh.
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete